ULCK power stroke adjustable Pneumatic and hydraulic pressurized cylinder Product Principle
Hydro pneumatic cylinder is combined the oil pressure cylinder and booster together for taking pure gas
press as thepower source.
It makes use of the different size of booster, the crosssection area compression ratio and Pascal energy
conservation principle. Becaus of constant pressure, when the compression area change from small to
large, the press would vary with the size, so as to raise the gas pressure to tens.
Taking the prepress standard hydro pneumatic cylinder as an example: When the work gas pressed on the
hydraulic oil (or working piston)
surface, hydraulic oil would flow to the approach stroke cavity because of the air pressure, then the
hydraulic oil would promote theworkpiece to move rapidly. When the workpiece is meet the resistance
larger than the gas pressure, it stops moving. At this point, the booster cavity start moving because of the
signal (or pneumatic signal), then achieve the purpose of moding products!
Product Model information
|ULCK 1-20T output power stroke
adjustable air over oil pressure cylinder
|anti-pressure of oil tank
|High pressure output capacity
|From top to bottom,if need to change way ,should customize it
Main Technical Drawing of ULCK type hydro pneumatic cylinder
Advantages of the air oil pressure cylinder
Fast speed: The action speed is faster than the hydraulic drive and it is more stability than pneumatic drive;
Easy to use: The cylinder body device is simple, so it is easy to adjust the output and facilitate to use and maintain;
High output: It can reach the highest output of oil hydraulic machine under same conditions, which can not be achieved by the pure pneumatic machine;
Low price: The price is lower than the oil pressure system;
Easy to maintain: The simple structure is easier to maintain than the oil pressure system;
Low energy consumption: When continue to boost or stop moving, it does not need the motor to keep working as the hydraulic system, then the energy can be saved. And it is convenient to take the power source, so the actual energy consumption is equivalent to 10%-30% of hydraulic power system;
No leakage: Energy conversion is easy with zero leakage, so not worry about the environmental pollution;
No harm to the die: In order to meet the technology needs, stamping pressure and the work stroke can keep within the provided area without adjustable levels;
Easy installation: There are several ways to in stall according to different work environments at any angle and position;
Soft landing: Soft-stamping technology reduce the noise to protect the die;
Fault less: No temperature rising problems unlike the hydraulic system;
Small space: Space area can be less than 50% compare with normal air cylinder and hydraulic station;
Less fault : No temperature rising problems unlike the hydraulic system;\
The energy loss comparison chart of air liquid pressurized cylinder and pneumatic cylinder
The ratio of air consumption takes hydropneumatic cylinder and pneumatic cylinder with the same output as the example: When the
working air pressure is 6kg/cm² and the diameter is 320mm, the pneumatic cylinder reaches 4800kg, but the output of hydropneumatic
cylinder is 4800kg and the diameter is 80mm. When the stroke is the same 100mm(the model of pneumatic cylinder is QGB 320*100 and
the hydropneumatic cylinder is ULCA-80-100-10E-5T), the hydro-pneumatic cylinder consumes 2575cm³ air while the pneumatic cylinder
is 15790cm³,refers to the drawing:
The examples of practical application
|Automation and Control, Robot
How do hydraulic cylinders handle variations in temperature and harsh operating environments?
Hydraulic cylinders are designed to handle variations in temperature and harsh operating environments by incorporating specific features and materials that ensure their durability, reliability, and performance. The ability of hydraulic cylinders to withstand extreme temperatures, corrosive environments, and other harsh conditions is crucial for their successful operation in a wide range of applications. Here’s a detailed explanation of how hydraulic cylinders handle variations in temperature and harsh operating environments:
1. Temperature Range:
– Hydraulic cylinders are designed to operate within a specified temperature range. The materials used in their construction, such as cylinder barrels, pistons, seals, and lubricants, are selected to withstand the anticipated temperature variations. Specialized seals and O-rings made from materials like nitrile, Viton, or polyurethane are used to maintain their sealing properties over a wide temperature range. Heat-resistant coatings or thermal insulation may be applied to certain components to protect them from high temperatures.
2. Thermal Expansion:
– Hydraulic cylinders are designed to accommodate thermal expansion and contraction that occurs with temperature changes. The materials used in their construction have different coefficients of thermal expansion, allowing the cylinder components to expand or contract at a similar rate. This design consideration prevents excessive stress, binding, or leakage that could result from thermal expansion or contraction.
3. Heat Dissipation:
– In applications where hydraulic cylinders are subjected to high temperatures, heat dissipation mechanisms are employed to prevent overheating. Cooling fins or heat sinks may be incorporated into the cylinder design to increase the surface area for heat transfer. In some cases, external cooling methods such as air or liquid cooling systems can be used to maintain optimal operating temperatures.
4. Corrosion Resistance:
– Hydraulic cylinders used in harsh operating environments are constructed from materials that exhibit excellent corrosion resistance. Stainless steel, chrome-plated steel, or other corrosion-resistant alloys are commonly used for cylinder components exposed to corrosive substances or environments. Additionally, surface treatments such as coatings, plating, or specialized paints can provide an extra layer of protection against corrosion.
5. Sealing Systems:
– Hydraulic cylinders employ sealing systems that are specifically designed to withstand harsh operating environments. The seals used in hydraulic cylinders are selected based on their resistance to temperature extremes, chemicals, abrasion, and other environmental factors. Specialized seal designs, such as wiper seals, rod seals, or high-temperature seals, are utilized to maintain effective sealing and prevent contamination of the hydraulic fluid.
– Proper lubrication is essential for the smooth operation and longevity of hydraulic cylinders, particularly in harsh operating environments. Lubricants are selected based on their ability to withstand high temperatures, resist oxidation, and provide effective lubrication under extreme conditions. Regular maintenance and lubrication practices ensure that the cylinder components continue to operate smoothly and reduce the effects of wear and friction.
7. Robust Construction:
– Hydraulic cylinders designed for harsh operating environments are built with robust construction techniques to withstand the rigors of such conditions. The cylinder barrels, rods, and other components are manufactured to meet strict quality and durability standards. Welded or bolted construction methods are employed to ensure the structural integrity of the cylinders. Reinforcements, such as flanges or tie rods, may be added to enhance the cylinder’s strength and resistance to external forces.
8. Environmental Protection:
– Hydraulic cylinders can be equipped with additional protective features to shield them from harsh operating environments. Protective covers, boots, or bellows can be used to prevent contaminants, debris, or moisture from entering the cylinder and compromising its performance. These protective measures help extend the service life of hydraulic cylinders in demanding conditions.
9. Compliance with Standards:
– Hydraulic cylinders manufactured for specific industries or applications often comply with industry standards or regulations related to operating temperature ranges, environmental conditions, or safety requirements. Compliance with these standards ensures that hydraulic cylinders are designed and tested to meet the specific demands of their intended operating environments.
In summary, hydraulic cylinders are designed to handle variations in temperature and harsh operating environments by incorporating suitable materials, thermal expansion considerations, heat dissipation mechanisms, corrosion-resistant components, specialized sealing systems, proper lubrication, robust construction techniques, protective features, and compliance with industry standards. These design considerations and features enable hydraulic cylinders to operate reliably and effectively in a wide range of demanding applications and environmental conditions.
Customization of Hydraulic Cylinders for Marine and Offshore Applications
Yes, hydraulic cylinders can be customized for use in marine and offshore applications. These environments present unique challenges, such as exposure to corrosive saltwater, high humidity, and extreme operating conditions. Customization allows hydraulic cylinders to meet the specific requirements and withstand the harsh conditions encountered in marine and offshore settings. Let’s delve into the details of how hydraulic cylinders can be customized for marine and offshore applications:
- Corrosion Resistance: Marine and offshore environments expose hydraulic cylinders to corrosive elements, such as saltwater. To mitigate corrosion, hydraulic cylinders can be customized with materials and surface treatments that provide enhanced corrosion resistance. For example, cylinders can be constructed from stainless steel or coated with protective layers like chrome plating or specialized coatings to withstand the corrosive effects of saltwater.
- Sealing and Environmental Protection: Hydraulic cylinders for marine and offshore applications require robust sealing systems to prevent water ingress and protect internal components. Customized sealing solutions, such as high-quality seals, wipers, and gaskets, can be employed to ensure effective sealing and resistance to water, debris, and contaminants. Additionally, hydraulic cylinders can be designed with protective features like bellows or boots to shield vulnerable areas from environmental elements.
- High-Pressure and Shock Resistance: Marine and offshore operations may involve high-pressure hydraulic systems and encounters with dynamic loads or shocks. Customized hydraulic cylinders can be engineered to withstand these demanding conditions. They can be designed with reinforced construction, thicker walls, and specialized components to handle high-pressure applications and absorb shock loads, ensuring reliable performance and durability.
- Temperature and Fluid Compatibility: Marine and offshore applications can expose hydraulic cylinders to extreme temperature variations and specific fluid requirements. Customization allows the selection of materials, seals, and fluids compatible with the anticipated temperature range and the specific fluid being used. Hydraulic cylinders can be tailored to maintain optimal performance and reliability under challenging temperature conditions and with the designated fluid type.
- Mounting and Integration: Customized hydraulic cylinders can be designed to facilitate easy integration and mounting within marine and offshore machinery. Mounting options can be tailored to suit the available space and structural requirements of the equipment. Additionally, customized hydraulic cylinder designs can incorporate features for easy maintenance, accessibility, and connection to the hydraulic system, ensuring convenient installation and serviceability in marine and offshore applications.
In summary, hydraulic cylinders can be customized to meet the unique demands of marine and offshore applications. Customization enables the integration of corrosion-resistant materials, robust sealing systems, high-pressure and shock-resistant designs, temperature and fluid compatibility, as well as optimized mounting and integration features. By tailoring hydraulic cylinders to the specific requirements of marine and offshore environments, reliable performance, extended service life, and efficient operation can be achieved in these challenging operating conditions.
Can you explain the role and significance of hydraulic cylinders in machinery?
Hydraulic cylinders play a crucial role in machinery across various industries. They are essential components that provide controlled and powerful linear motion, enabling the operation of heavy equipment and facilitating numerous tasks. The role and significance of hydraulic cylinders in machinery can be explained in detail as follows:
Role of Hydraulic Cylinders:
– Conversion of Hydraulic Energy: Hydraulic cylinders convert hydraulic energy, typically in the form of pressurized hydraulic fluid, into linear force and motion. This conversion allows machinery to perform tasks such as lifting, pushing, pulling, clamping, tilting, and controlling various mechanisms.
– Generation of Linear Motion: Hydraulic cylinders generate linear motion by utilizing the principles of Pascal’s law. When hydraulic fluid is directed into one side of the cylinder, it applies pressure on the piston, resulting in linear movement of the piston and the attached piston rod. This linear motion can be used to actuate other components within the machinery or directly perform the required task.
– Force Generation: Hydraulic cylinders are capable of generating high forces due to the hydraulic pressure applied to the piston. The force output of a hydraulic cylinder depends on the surface area of the piston and the pressure of the hydraulic fluid. This force allows machinery to exert significant power for lifting heavy loads, applying pressure, or overcoming resistance.
– Precise Control: Hydraulic cylinders offer precise control over the linear motion and force exerted. By regulating the flow of hydraulic fluid, the speed and direction of the cylinder’s movement can be accurately adjusted. This level of control is crucial in machinery that requires precise positioning, delicate movements, or synchronization of multiple cylinders.
– Integration with Hydraulic Systems: Hydraulic cylinders are integral parts of hydraulic systems used in machinery. They work in conjunction with hydraulic pumps, valves, and actuators to create a complete hydraulic circuit. This integration allows for efficient power transmission, control, and coordination of various machine functions.
Significance of Hydraulic Cylinders:
– Heavy Equipment Operation: Hydraulic cylinders are vital in heavy machinery used in construction, mining, agriculture, material handling, and other industries. They enable the lifting and movement of heavy loads, the operation of attachments, and the performance of tasks that require high force and precision.
– Versatility and Adaptability: Hydraulic cylinders are versatile components that can be designed and tailored to meet specific machinery requirements. They can be integrated into various types of equipment and customized based on factors such as force capacity, stroke length, speed, and mounting options. This adaptability makes hydraulic cylinders suitable for diverse applications.
– Durability and Reliability: Hydraulic cylinders are built to withstand rigorous operating conditions, including high pressures, heavy loads, and continuous use. They are designed with robust materials, precise machining, and effective sealing systems to ensure durability and reliability over extended periods of operation.
– Safety and Load Control: Hydraulic cylinders provide safe and controlled operation in machinery. They offer overload protection mechanisms, such as relief valves, to prevent damage caused by excessive force or pressure. Additionally, hydraulic cylinders allow for precise load control, minimizing the risk of accidents during lifting, lowering, or positioning of heavy loads.
– Compact Design: Hydraulic cylinders offer a high power-to-size ratio, allowing for compact machinery design. Their relatively small size compared to the forces they can generate makes them suitable for applications where space is limited or weight restrictions apply.
– Energy Efficiency: Hydraulic cylinders contribute to energy efficiency in machinery. The use of hydraulic systems allows for the transfer of power over long distances without significant power losses. Additionally, hydraulic cylinders can incorporate energy-saving features such as load-sensing technology and regenerative circuits, reducing energy consumption.
Overall, hydraulic cylinders play a vital role in machinery by providing controlled and powerful linear motion. Their significance lies in their ability to convert hydraulic energy, generate high forces, offer precise control, integrate with hydraulic systems, and facilitate the operation of heavy equipment across various industries. Hydraulic cylinders contribute to increased productivity, safety, and efficiency in machinery applications, making them indispensable components in modern-day engineering.
editor by CX 2023-12-03